TO: All Employees
FROM: Bill Rase, Executive Director
DATE: May 11, 2020
SUBJECT: Guidelines for Port Employees
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, employees are required to follow the guidelines below:
- Employees who feel ill or have fever are asked to remain home and notify HR via voicemail (337) 493-3530 or email email@example.com<mailto:jel
- Communication should be by email or telephone. Employees should not schedule any meetings in person unless it has been approved by the Executive Director.
- Access to the Administration Building will be restricted to the Lobby doors. Non-contact temperatures will be taken of all employees and visitors who are requesting entrance to this area.
- For all other Port facilities, all employees who report for work with visible symptoms will have their temperature taken.
- Those with fever 100.4 degrees or above will be denied entry, asked to leave and directed to contact HR for further instructions.
- Everyone will be encouraged to wear personal protection equipment. PPE will be made available upon request from your supervisor.
- Elevator capacity will be limited to two (2) people.
- Direct contact is to be limited with employees in offices, hallways and all common areas.
- Maintain safe distances from others.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow
- Hand Sanitizer will be placed in all break rooms. Please use once entering the break room and again when exiting.
Public areas and restrooms will continue to be sanitized regularly, and we ask all employees to help maintain a clean work environment during this unprecedented time by following all sanitary practices.